Remember, sign ups are open all months long as fewer than 25 people have signed up. If you want to join in, comment here
and join the fun :D
This post contains all the information you need to enter your icons. Breaking the rules might lead to a disqualification for the next round.
• Icons must be made originally for this challenge. No prior work may be submitted!
• All work must be your own, not someone elses!
• Make sure icons aren't adult in nature!
• Icons must fit the Livejournal standard, under 40 kb, 100x100px and in either .png, .gif, or .jpg file format.
• Post the finished icons at the same time to this community.
• When posting the finished 20, please leave a 3 icon preview. You are free to post them here (with a lj-cut) or a direct link to the entry.
• Don't lock the icon post: The mods need to access them for posting the voting and others want to see them after all. (This doesn't apply when the icons are all posted to this community instead of your own journal/community)
• Don't submit your icons to this post!
• All entries are moderated: This means they'll be public once a mod approves them. The mod will also tag them at this time!
• You don't need to tag your entries! (But you're welcome to, if you want to do it :) )
• You may change/adjust the table as needed (or code it yourself) for as long as the prompts are still in relation to the icons (the same goes for switching between US/UK spelling and any other variations I'm not familiar with)
• Please use this guideline for the subject: Round# - TV Show - Season
Completed 20 are due on 20 March 2012
(Wednesday)View the Participants
•10 Themes: blending, bright, dark, fake background, guess who*, negative space*, new, out of character, tropes*, vintage
•5 Category: Favourites (Episode, Female Main Character, Male Main Character, Side Character, Guest Star)
•5 Artist's Choice
*guess who - "hide" a characters identy by showing the back, leaving out (a part of) the face or any other way you can think of
*negative space - the focus of the icon should be on less than 50% of the icon
*tropes - According to tvtropes.com
Tropes are devices and conventions that a writer can reasonably rely on as being present in the audience members' minds and expectations. On the whole, tropes are not clichés. The word clichéd means "stereotyped and trite." In other words, dull and uninteresting. We are not looking for dull and uninteresting entries. We are here to recognize tropes and play with them, not to make fun of them.
If you have any questions regarding any of the prompts, please feel free to ask in a comment to this post! :)
Tags: !info, !round 30
Current Location: home
Current Mood: tired